Enterprise Solutions provide for a scalable, easy to manage programming solution to providing business management and information accessibility for internal and external clients. Enterprise solutions deal with the problem of providing information to clients both externally and internally. It deals with programming and databases. The main problem being how to most efficiently get our data accessible to those we want to access it. The solution have the following characteristics and more:
- Security – Should be able to be sure information is not being stolen by those we don’t want to have access to it.
- Scalability – Should be able to accommodate an increase in clients.
- Cost – Should be easy to program.
- Management – Should provide ability to manage the implementation including version control software and software that helps manage team effort with regard to providing the solution.
- Portable – Should be able to accommodate changes in technology.
Therefore, in order for a business to properly choose an enterprise solutions, a proper requirements definition must be completed. All desired features along with priorities for each feature must be assigned in order to make a suitable decision.